- April 16, 2016 at 12:16 pm #810130
Welcome back to RFG @atom and thanks for update. We must have just missed each other. I was there yesterday as well and other than a few wet spots it is good to go.April 16, 2016 at 1:11 pm #810132
I was just in Durham this morning. There are still wet spots where water sits in low areas or the sun doesn’t reach, but all of the higher ground and gravel/sand was looking pretty dry. I stayed on the main double track and it is noticeably drier than in the video posted from just 2 days ago – no more surface ice or snow other than where it was piled in shade. There hasn’t been frost in the ground in North Durham for weeks (we’ve been excavating since early March), so I would say Durham is on the verge of good to go, not 100%, but more than enough trail for courteous riders to get some turns in… should be wide open very soon.April 17, 2016 at 8:49 pm #810146
Durham RiderParticipantApril 17, 2016 at 9:10 pm #810147
Welcome back to RFG @atom and thanks for update. We must have just missed each other. I was there yesterday as well and other than a few wet spots it is good to go.
Thanks Marc. Happy to see the old account is still active.
I had a couple of good rides at Puslinch. Hoping to get back next weekend.April 20, 2016 at 9:01 pm #810224
Harold Town, Peterborough way, is slowly getting there. Still less than half the trails are rideable though due to lots of low lying dark cedar forests. Lots of the trail work going on and it’s getting better all the time.April 21, 2016 at 3:33 pm #810231
Great news, the DMBA just posted this on their facebook page;
DAGMAR IS OPEN,
The SINGLE TRACT TRAILS are blown, dry and ready to ride.
Dagmar is less than a year old and the trails are still breaking in. Please don’t ride them after a rain until the trails dry out as they are still susceptible to damage.
Please park at approved parking areas and not on the road at either entrance to the property. This will keep you and your car safe and keep the neighbours from complaining.
EnjoyApril 21, 2016 at 4:07 pm #810232
Any thoughts on whether 3 Stage would be ready to ride on Saturday or Sunday? Given the amount of water and runoff in that area I figured it probably needs another weekend. But judging from how dry the Don was on Tuesday I’m wondering if 3 Stage might be good to go after all…has anyone checked it out?April 21, 2016 at 4:21 pm #810233
3Stage is apparently dry and ready to go.April 21, 2016 at 4:24 pm #810234April 22, 2016 at 11:57 am #810255
I wonder if it’ll still be dry tomorrow or Sunday after last night’s rain. Sounds like Collingwood was forecast to get more than we did in Toronto. Might just have to head up north and check it out!April 22, 2016 at 12:04 pm #810256April 22, 2016 at 1:02 pm #810259
Got rain last night, continues to be overcast today. It will dry quickly right now because there’s no foliage to hide the sun/wind. Might be ok by tomorrow aft, or Sunday (as long as we don’t get anymore precipitation)April 25, 2016 at 1:38 pm #810345
johnfisherParticipantApril 25, 2016 at 2:39 pm #810351
Thanks everyone for the 3 stage updates on Friday. Rode Saturday and Sunday and trails were in great shape other than the usual wet spots on the main DH. Lots of people were out too!April 27, 2016 at 3:24 pm #810386
Rode Puslinch today. Despite the rain, trails are good to go. Few wet spots but grippy overall.
Trails are getting dumbed down unfortunately. Still a great ride but sad to see.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.