HOME › FORUM › RIDING › BRUCE PENINSULA, SOUTHERN GEORGIAN BAY AND LAKE SIMCOE › Cycle Solutions Demo Day At Buckwallow
October 20, 2014 at 11:50 am #797832
Join Cycle Solutions at Buckwallow Cycling Canter November 1st, 2014 to test ride 2015 bikes from Giant, Norco, Santa Cruz, Yeti and Pivot.
- Saturday November 1st, 2014
Weather permitting we will have the campfire going by 10am and riding shortly after that. The BBQ will start at 12pm. Please RSVP to email@example.com so we know how much food to bring.October 24, 2014 at 11:17 am #798355
Pretty stoked to try some of these bikes. Mostly curious about fit with a Bronson and a Yeti SB5, two bikes on my wish list for next season.
Maybe even check out a Pivot?October 27, 2014 at 10:28 am #798405
I want to check out the Giant Reign and the Norco Range (coincidentally the two bikes you guys just reviewed, assuming Cycle Solutions has them). My two friends both bought their bikes from CS and I may do the same with a 2015 Specialized Enduro Elite, but I want to get on some other brands first. The Giant Reign 2 for $2800 blew me away, considering what you get. The part spec on the Enduro Elite seems hard to beat for the price though as well.
Either way it’s going to be a fun time up in Gravenhurst, my old hometown!October 28, 2014 at 7:48 am #798475
Would love to swing a leg over a Yeti but I have tickets to a thing in Toronto that day. Dang.October 28, 2014 at 9:28 am #798488
Either way it’s going to be a fun time up in Gravenhurst, my old hometown!
My favourite trails are up around Gravenhurst, Beautiful country. Be a great place to try these bikes out.October 29, 2014 at 1:45 pm #798616
Do we know what time this goes till?October 29, 2014 at 4:01 pm #798618
We just wanted to send a quick update on the event this Saturday. We currently have over 40 bikes for demo this weekend and even though it might be a bit cold (around 4 degrees so dress warm) it is going to be a great day. Make sure to bring your bike if you can as we cannot guarantee that you will be able to ride the entire time. A summary of all the important information and demo list is provided below:
– The event will run from 10:00am – 4:00pm at Buckwallow Cycling Center (map posted above
– BBQ – Should start around 12:00pm (please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure there is enough food)
– Food and Drinks will be available on-site with a donation to support local MTB trails
– Driver’s license and credit card are required for the demo as collateral
– Bring your own pedals to ensure we are able to get out you out in a timely fashion as we may not have enough on-site
– Demo laps are expected to run 30-40 minutes and will be led by our team riders
– Helmets are mandatory to ride at Buckwallow
Demo Bike List:
Giant Bicycles [10 Bikes]
– Anthem – Small, Medium, Large
– Anthem SX Carbon – Medium
– Lust Advanced – Small
– Obsess – Small
– Reign 2 – Medium
– Trance – Medium
– XTC Advanced – Medium & Large
Demo Bike List
Juliana Bicycles [1 Bike]
– Furtado Carbon – Small
Louis Garneau [3-5 Bikes]
– Rytem 29er – Small, Medium Large
Norco Bikes [14 Bikes]
– Range Carbon – Medium & Large
– Sight Carbon – Medium, Large, X-Large
– Revolver 7 – Small, Medium, Large
– Revolver 9 – Medium, Large X-Large
– Bigfoot Fat Bike – Small, Medium, Large
Pivot Cycles [3 Bikes]
– Mach 4 Carbon – Medium & Large
– Mach 6 Carbon – Medium
Santa Cruz [5 Bikes]
– 5010 Aluminum – Medium, Large, X-Large
– 5010 Carbon – X-Large
– Bronson Carbon – Large
Trek Bicycles [5 Bikes]
– Superfly FS 9.8 SL – 17.5”
– Fuel EX 9.8 650B – 17.5”
– Fuel EX 9.8 650B – 18.5”
– Fuel EX 9.8 650B – 19.5”
– Farley Fat Bike – 19.5”
Yeti Cycles [3 Bikes]
– ASRC – Small
– SB5C – Medium & LargeNovember 2, 2014 at 9:32 am #798688
Thank you to everyone that came up to Buckwallow yesterday. Despite the drive and unnerving weather in the morning we were amazed by the amount of people that came up to ride. We estimate at least 80 people throughout the day that came up to ride ,and Buckwallow was the perfect setting to check out the new 2015 Santa Cruz, Yeti, Pivot, Norco, Trek and Giant bikes. If you weren’t able to make it up this time don’t worry too much we are already planning our 2015 demo schedule and will definitely be at Buckwallow again. Additionally, most of the bikes that were at the demo will be available in the beaches store and you are more than welcome to stop by and we can arrange a time for you to take out a bike again.
Unfortunately, we were so busy at the tents and riding that we didn’t get nearly enough pictures. If you have any pics that we can post on our site or social media please email them to email@example.com or post them directly to this thread.
Thanks again to everyone that came out and we look forward to seeing everyone again next year on our demo tour.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.