header ad

4/20 Ride!

HOME FORUM RIDING GREATER TORONTO AREA THE DON VALLEY 4/20 Ride!

This topic contains 27 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Marley 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
ENVE

• Author

Marley
    Participant

Ty’s album availability on streaming services is weirdly spotty. I added Black Magick, the b-side to the new single and a Goodbye Bread era song from Horn the Unicorn for ya. However, you could always upload from local files to the playlist…

jjb
    Participant

I’m calling dibs on sweeping the “medium pace” group, still rolling with winter lungs…

Oh, and in other 4/20 news Amsterdam is opening a BrewHouse down the street from the Brewery:
    http://bayview-news.com/2017/04/leaside-village-atg-to-close-make-way-for-brewhouse.html/

tec
    Participant

Any idea of trail conditions? Are we still on?

micah356
    Participant

That was definitely a lot of rain yesterday. But I think we should be ok. Of course we will skip the wet spots.

jcitizen
    Participant

It just rained again 🙁

@marley Thanks for the tunes! Just saw that.

BTW, while Amersterdam is a perennial fave for Don parties, just a heads up that Loblaws sells beer too if you’re in a pinch.

Marley
    Participant

@jcitizen We are absolutely 100% on for tomorrow at 11:00! It will be glorious. It is known.

In the impossible event that there are problem areas identified by early bird pre-ride scouts, we’ll modify the route accordingly.

I don’t think that particular Loblaws sells beer actually, which may be for the best considering its proximity to the Tues/Thurs designated patio. The plaza across from from Amsterdam does have a Beer Store however that sells, um, beer. But of course Amsterdam remains the favorite.

Thank you everyone that added music to the playlist! 6 different people is pretty damn good. The DJ collective has complied a horrifically ugly dogs breakfast of mostly psychedelic rock, hip-hop and reggae, with a pinch of Canadiana. Perfect! Last call to keep piling on this train wreck! Deadline is midnight.

mikester
    Participant

Thanks for organizing the playlist – I just added Don Vivants DJ Collective to my LinkedIn profile!
    See ya in a bit…

soban
    Participant

See you all soon!

jcitizen
    Participant

A well known Don Drinker has confirmed the availability of beer at that Blobs.

Unfortunately my availability is ruined, so I can’t make today. BUMMER!

Have a blast team. I’ll wear my DVTO T in honor of your radness.

soban
    Participant

Thank you @marley for organizing this ride. The turn was great and it was nice to see so many riders out. Also big thanks to @blurredlines for patiently waiting for everyone to catch up.

Great start to the season and hoping to ride with you all more frequently.

Baillout
    Participant

The only attempt at the gap jump at the end of climbmax, unfortunately I was not able to time the shot

Attachments:

Baillout
    Participant

@Whiskeycactus at his finest

Attachments:

Marley
    Participant

@Whiskeycactus at his finest

The camera loves that guy.

Crazy turnout on Saturday – 30 people showed up!? Which was about 20 more than expected and pretty unbelievable. Good times, and we could not have asked for better weather. Our absurd luck in 2016 with respect to mechanicals seems to have not carried over with a few busted parts, but we made it through for the most part. Early season legs and lungs, less so. A few pics below, and I uploaded a bunch more to the photos section so if you think I took one of you take a look.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX