header ad

4/20 Ride 2018!

HOME FORUM RIDING GREATER TORONTO AREA THE DON VALLEY 4/20 Ride 2018!

This topic contains 30 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Marley 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
ENVE

• Author

Marley
    Participant

For those that don’t know, the 4th month and 20th day is the long-term average “green light for all the Don trails” based on historical records.

So I guess long term AVERAGE really suggests that ultimately some years are later than others, right?

It pains me to accept this reality, but there is no way we can responsibly ride the trails this Saturday. There will be no ride or party this weekend. @soban @fasttimes @pippozz @baillout

But the good news is that the following Saturday looks absolutely beautiful, so…

LET’S RIDE! Saturday, April 28th at 4:20! (still a 420 ride in April)

Afterparty is still very much on following the ride, and not to worry @alen_z I can confirm that the free air shirts will reprinted with the amended date and will be available to everyone in their perfect style and fit!

Santa Cruz

4 users thanked author for this post.

jhop
    Participant

Yeah, driving down the DVP today I looked in the woods and saw slim to no chances of Sat being a go…..Im doing paris to ancaster on sunday so gonna have to take it easy on the ride and afterwards but look forward to coming down and shaking off this crappy winter season! look fwd to meeting some of y’all there

Jason

Marley
    Participant

Hey @jhop Yup, so done with this extended winter. There absolutely be some relaxed pacing options, and the 4:20 start time means the festivities afterwards will start fairly early as well. Hope to see you next week!

pippozz
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Is this happening this weekend?

If so, what time do you plan on actually leaving (to start riding) the meeting point?

I am not sure if I will be able to make it (trying really hard to make it work), but I might be a bit late, like 4.45 / 5.00 pm.

Thanks,

Marley
    Participant

Still very much on @pippozz @jcitizen! We’re keeping a close eye on this shifty weather but remain optimistic. Assume we are on unless you hear otherwise here!

I’m guessing that we will actually get rolling about 4:30, so catching up to us at the cricket tree if you are running late probably makes the most sense. Just let me know if you need more specifics and I’m sure we can help.

Marley
    Participant

In case there were any seeds of doubt, this is to confirm that we are 100% on for tomorrow, Saturday, April 28th at 4:20! I have it on excellent authority that sun and wind has done wonders for the trails, and the negligible amount of rain we might get tomorrow morning is considered a non-issue at this point. Obviously responsible trail use is paramount, so we will modify the route if necessary.

The DJ’s have finalized their setlists, and chicken legs are marinating. Can’t wait to finally get a ride in, AND rock out after! 4/20 – better late than never edition!

pippozz
    Participant

@marley

Just wanted to let you know in advance that I won’t be able to stay for the after-party. But I’m going to try my best to come at least for the ride.

I suppose you are planning on doing:
    – 3 Rocks to Redway Road Downhill;
    – Sanitation Plant (Easy/Hard);
    – Sanitation Plant to Ridge;
    – The Ridge.

Is that correct?

In any case, if you guys see a lost soul on a grey/yellow Trance, that’s (probably) me. 🙂

Marley
    Participant

Hey @pippozz lost soul on a trance. More or less the plan. Probably. We will definitely end up at the cricket tree after the first stretch! Feel free to pm me your number and I can try to connect with you en route if you want.

Blazerus2000
    Participant

Checked this route today. Epic conditions

1 user thanked author for this post.

Slabs
    Participant

I really hate to be a party pooper here but looking out at the rain isn’t inspiring me. I was really looking forward to a big group ride and meeting you guys. For those that ride I hope it’s a good (and safe) one. Perhaps I’ll get a chance to meet some of you in person on the trail throughout the summer.

Marley
    Participant

Well, this year is really going to throw that 4/20 average off. This somewhat unexpected rain means no ride today and no party today. Boo. Trying to figure out another date – stay tuned!
    @slabs @pippozz @soban @baillout @jcitizen

soban
    Participant

I feel your pain. This season has been pretty unpredictable. Thanks for the update and we look forward to the next date.

pippozz
    Participant

Thanks for the update.

Looking so much forward to the next date. This winter has been very long and difficult…

Cheers,

Slabs
    Participant

Thanks @marley for all your effort trying to get this ride together. Looking forward to better weather.

jcitizen
    Participant

You’ll have to throw an May Day Rave

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX