header ad

24 Hr Team Looking for 1 rider..

HOME FORUM RIDING YORK, DURHAM AND THE HILLS OF HEADWATER 24 Hr Team Looking for 1 rider..

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Boers 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
ENVE

• Author

andy_mac
    Participant

Team Torba is looking for 1 rider.. One of our guys is out with an injury..!

Easy going group of intermediate riders who just want to have fun and rip some trails, aiming for 4 to 5 laps each.

Team TORBA 1 again – second year riding together, had a great time last year, successful ride, campfire all night, beers, bbq, FUN..

Let us know if you are interested in riding..!!

Cracker
    Participant

Yeah, come and join us. We already have @fietser, @jcitizen, me and @andy_mac

We had a great time last year and Andy is pretty much the best teammate because he’s very well prepared, bbq, camper etc etc… cost is just $140 for camping and race registration per rider.

Cheers,
    Graham

Nick Boers
    Participant

Nice campsite you guys got. We’ve got 3 teams across the river. We’ll have to stop by.

Anyone considering joining that hasn’t done these before, they’re a great time!!

jcitizen
    Participant

@nick-boers with the KMs you put in during the week I’m surprised you aren’t a 1 man team. See you there!

the medurn
    Participant

@nick-boers with the KMs you put in during the week I’m surprised you aren’t a 1 man team. See you there!

We’ll just make him do the first lap 😉

jcitizen
    Participant

Send him over to do a couple laps for me.

Nick Boers
    Participant

Send him over to do a couple laps for me.

If we were in the same category I might just take you up on that offer Jesse, and hope I don’t have a mechanical or flat tire or something 😉

This year has been terrible for my riding. Average of 101km a week for the past 4, and that includes those two 100km+ Tuesday night rides where I rode there and back to Pickering.

jcitizen
    Participant

@nick-boers so you do one 100 k ride a week, haha. I’m getting in 100k of mainly dirt on my best weeks, usually more like 65-75 or so in the Don. Learning a lot about the magic of recovery (sleep!) late in the game, though. Getting old sucks.

Nick Boers
    Participant

Like I said, it’s been a bad year. Usually I’d have done the work commute a dozen times before doing a Tuesday night 100k, but the weather or my schedule has been bad. After doing those 100k days on the MTB I just didn’t feel like riding for the rest of the week. Last year I’d have still ridden to work once or twice after that and the trails would be dry enough for a MTB ride too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX