header ad

2019 season stoke thread

HOME FORUM RIDING BLUE MOUNTAIN 2019 season stoke thread

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  micah356 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
ENVE

• Author

FastTimes
    Keymaster

Long winter and I am stoked to get my laps in at Blue.

I’ll be on a Megatwer and my Nomad this year. I enjoy the climb as much as the decent and looking forward to the Enduro again this year.

Lets see those Blue rigs!

Santa Cruz

Marley
    Participant

Sweet ride @fasttimes ! I don’t believe for a second that you enjoy climbing that beast and much as descending on it, but looking forward to seeing if you can duplicate your 10 earned laps insanity. Or better yet, stitching together that Collingwood epic!

FastTimes
    Keymaster

Thanks @marley I am a sucker for punishment and do plan to climb up and earn my turns this summer again.

I am trying for twenty four up/down laps in twenty four hours this season. Having done ten in one day last year I’m not sure I have it in me, but that’s what goalsmashing is all about.

The Collingwood epic was pretty unreal last year and I have even more fresh stuff added to it for this year. A whole zone with crazy steeps and views. This is a real adventure I recommend folks come along on this. You’ll be blown away!

I got out on the Megatower today for a shakedown ride and was so impressed. This bike just fits and works so well, I cant wait to really open it up. C’mon opening day!!!

Look forward to seeing you and riding together this summer Chris! Cheers buddy!

FastTimes
    Keymaster

Less than two weeks until opening weekend. Who’s heading up? Should we rent a condo or a campsite for a gang of us?

Ain’t no party like a bike party 🙂

FastTimes
    Keymaster

Blue has also just outfitted their racks to better accommodate the new long travel 29er craze.

micah356
    Participant

That’s good, because I made by bike longer with a 20mm longer air shaft, and 1 degree Works headset. This Process 111 is now at 140mm front travel and roughly 66 degree head angle.

Attachments:
    1. process_slack.jpg

Attachments:

FastTimes
    Keymaster

That’s a killer setup @micah356. Gonna be flying down the tracks this year my man. Look forward to seeing you up there.

FastTimes
    Keymaster

Not looking very promising with all this rain. I was soooo pumped and not I’m completely deflated. This spring will be he death of me!

FastTimes
    Keymaster

Was pretty close to pulling the trigger on Mountain Creek but i’m gonna roll the dice on Blue. Fingers crossed it’s not a peanut butter surfing situation.

Booked a site at Craigleith and looking forward to trying out my new roof top tent. Got a spot for one more tent if anyone wants to join.

LAPS!!!!!

FastTimes
    Keymaster

Opening weekend was pretty sloppy. I was overly excited and ate it on more than one occasion. Still a blast but disappointed in myself for not backing it off a notch. Just too eager and stuffed it. Healing up and ready for more, which is all that counts I suppose.

On a more positive note, the roof top tent was brilliant. So pumped on this thing. Was chilly down by Georgian Bay but I was toasty with my cold weather bag in the iKamper. Already looking to head back up ASAP depending on what the weather does. Had my fill of peanut butter laps so will wait for better conditions. C’mon summer!

micah356
    Participant

Agreed. Was still pretty muddy on Tuesday, but was great to be back up there.

This is my first time having a season pass, but I will also be away for at least six weeks of the season… So I have to get my laps in while I can.

Definitely wasn’t ideal conditions to be riding with Bontrager XR2s on the bike, but I made it work.

Attachments:
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX