header ad

2017 Rides – What Are YOU Riding This Year?

HOME FORUM RIDING FEELS GOOD FORUM TALKING ABOUT BIKES 2017 Rides – What Are YOU Riding This Year?

This topic contains 33 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Shortcuttomoncton 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
ENVE

• Author

FastTimes
    Keymaster

I’ll be continuing my trend of buying new suspension each year because I didn’t like the stuff I ran last yuear. it’s becoming an expensive trend, but thats how it goes. Fox 36 factory and DVO topaz lined up to replace CC Inline and 350Cr.

Good call. New Evol 36 just announced as well. No experience with DVO but have heard good things. I’ll likely move to a few X2s on my bikes this season. Nice that you have a solid chassis to work with.

NomadMark
    Participant

My all around Ontario trail bike. 2015 Kona Process 111, Nobl wheels, and a few other tweaks to my own taste. Rehabbing a torn meniscus right now, so I’m on some flats as opposed to the time pedals pictured.

And, a freshly build 2016 Banshee Rune for out of province riding, as well as Blue. Trips to Newfoundland, Quebec, and Vermont on the card for this summer. Pictures with a Reverb, but now has a 9point8 Fall Line.

1 user thanked author for this post.

iBeRash
    Participant

Love all the little purple bits! Sweet whip.

Shortcuttomoncton
    Participant

I must say that the SB5 has been a total trail slayer for southern ON trails. Climbs like a rocket, descends like a beast given it’s only 127mm of rear travel. This will be the first time in a few years where I won’t be making any significant upgrades at all – not until I really break something, anyway. (Well, might swap the 11-46t XT cassette for a 11-44 version – the larger cogs have too big a jump to the 46 to be comfortable IMO.) I’ve broken a couple chains, bent the derailleur slightly and given it a few dents here and there, but not a single reliability concern thus far.

On that note, my alternate choice was a Devinci Troy, which I still occasionally regret when I go somewhere a bit chunkier, like the Escarpment. I do know a shop that is getting rid of their last 2017 Troy (Medium/XT-SLX build/Orange) for a pretty great price, if anyone is interested in showing one off in next year’s thread – I had my eye on it, but have opted to go on a trip instead (read: my wife opted for me to go on a trip instead). PM me if anyone’s interested.

Attachments:
    1. YetiSB5.jpg

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX