header ad

2014 Toronto Bike Show – who is coming?

HOME FORUM RIDING FEELS GOOD FORUM TALKING ABOUT BIKES 2014 Toronto Bike Show – who is coming?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Whynot 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
ENVE

• Author

WF
    Participant

What is everyone hunting for at the bike show this year? I see a LOT of fat bikes!

Come by booth 655 to visit us at TORBA (right beside the Cycle Solutions booth). We have lots of info about our upcoming TORBA Social Rides and our planned Trail Days we are planning with the City (hint: focusing on the site of an illegal build last fall).

We also have information about our AGM on March 27th at 7pm (location tbd).

iBeRash
    Participant

I should be on my way soon. I’ll try to drop by and say hi.

dan
    Participant

Damn, it’s too bad that I didn’t see you guys there. I would have stopped in for a minute.

Dan

Nick Boers
    Participant

Saw the empty booth. Helped my brother and a friend buy new bikes.

old dawg
    Participant

Buy new bikes!! tell us more

Nick Boers
    Participant

My brother bought a custom built NS Metropolis from one of the shop guys at Cycle Solutions, and my friend bought a low end Specialized Allez as his first road bike.

FastTimes
    Keymaster

Nice work TORBA!

How was the show as a whole? Racing any good? Attendance? Deals?

Heard there were personal injury firms with booths at the show? Makes me sick to my stomach. Can’t believe the organizers allowed this.

iBeRash
    Participant

@fasttimes wrote:

Nice work TORBA!

How was the show as a whole? Racing any good? Attendance? Deals?

Heard there were personal injury firms with booths at the show? Makes me sick to my stomach. Can’t believe the organizers allowed this.

Went on Saturday. Got there a little bit after noon. Very crowded. Saw singlesprocket, veggie cyclist, and WF at the TORBA booth when I passed by with my family. Wifey and I chatted a bit with singlesprocket and veggie. WF was busy with someone so I didn’t want to bother him.

Didn’t see the personal injury firm booths while walking around. My wife picked up the map and brought it home, though. I’ll check to see if I can see anything in the listings when I get home from work.

Didn’t get to check out the races, but we did watch a bit of the trials demo. Saw the BMX flatland guys messing about too. Also got to check out some of the pro heats for the BMX jam–kids absolutely enjoyed watching that.

Deal wise, I didn’t really see much of anything I wanted. Picked up a much needed floor pump though.

Btw, Marc, if you don’t already know, I think the main site is on the fritz again.

FastTimes
    Keymaster

@iberash wrote:

Btw, Marc, if you don’t already know, I think the main site is on the fritz again.

I do, but thanks for letting me know. I have my team working on it. Thought we had it fixed but the issue has popped up again. Hope to have it resolved once and for all today. Thanks for your patience guys!

singlesprocket
    Participant

The turn out at the TORBA booth was quite good, we got lots of new people signed up. Also the quickness we tore down at the end was the envy of everyone at the show.

iBeRash
    Participant

@fasttimes wrote:

Looks like you heard correct. Just checked the floor plan and exhibitors list. The “Thomson, Rogers” lawyer firm had a small booth near the test ride zone.

FastTimes
    Keymaster

@iberash wrote:

near the test ride zone.

Classic, well placed bike show folks. Total face palm on this one. That is the beginning of the end right there. A lawsuit for Joyride, Blue, Horseshoe or the Don will be the end of things pretty quickly. Everyone knows about personal injury lawyers but to actually go to the show and seek business is wrong on so many levels.

WF
    Participant

Yep, the first thing I noticed was a guy in a ‘casual’ suit and I thought ‘looks more like a lawyer than a biker’…. and then I noticed he was manning a legal firm’s booth.

If it is any consolation, I did not see ANYONE stop at their booth at all… I think I noticed others scowling as they walked by.

Whynot
    Participant

@iberash wrote:

@fasttimes wrote:

Looks like you heard correct. Just checked the floor plan and exhibitors list. The “Thomson, Rogers” lawyer firm had a small booth near the test ride zone.

That just makes me cringe.

I hope the show organizers hosed them for 50x the normal rate.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX