That’s right folks, the East Coast Open is right around the corner and we are excited to announce an awesome lineup of events all weekend long! Here is what you need to know to get ready for June 26th – 28th.
June 26-28th – East Coast Open DH Race:
Ontario’s legendary downhill race is back with the largest cash purse in the east! Not to mention tons of prizing from Giant, Troy Lee Designs, Fox, Smith and more.
The event schedule and tech guide have been posted online at http://www.bluemountain.ca/pedal_fest.htm so make sure you read up to get all the details for this years race! The official course will return to O-Chute.
Online registration is live so make sure you pre-register at http://www.bluemountain.ca/pedal_fest.htm
June 26th – Riding Feels Good Official Kick Off Friday Night
East Coast Open Weekend will kick off Friday June 26th at Jozo’s Bar featuring an undisclosed video premier, one that might just blow your mind. Make sure you get there for 9PM ! Come on out to catch up with the great community and enjoy some of the classic Jozo’s apes. The Coors Light Extreme Team will also be on hand to keep you hydrated.
June 27th Riding Feels Good Day:
To add to the weekend’s activities Riding Feels Good will be hosting an official ride day Saturday June 27th. This is a 100% social, fun, community-building event. We want to see EVERY DH rider on the hill checking out Blue Mountain’s new and improved trails, which is why Blue are offering:
- 20% discount on lift tickets.
- 10% off accommodations. (Contact Us for booking code)
- 10% off Intro to Downhill packages.
Also, Giant, Cannondale as well as other shops and manufactures will be on site with their demo fleet.
First 20 riders to confirm with here will receive and RFG t-shirt: https://www.ridingfeelsgood.com/topic/riding-feels-good-at-blue/
June 27th – Coors Light Whip Off:
Coors Light Extreme Team has partnered with Blue Mountain Resort to keep you hydrated at this year’s Whip Off Saturday June 27th. Practice will start at 5pm, Head to Head jam format will begin at 6pm!
June 16th – 22nd Coors Light Whip Off nomination contest:
Blue Mountain and Riding Feels Good wants to hear who you would like to see Whip It over the big jump on Saturday night. Between June 16th and June 22nd 2015 you will have a chance nominate who you would like to see throw down for the crowd at the base of Blue Mountain. On June 27th, after the Whip Off, we will enter the names of those who nominated a rider into a hat and draw for a 2016 Blue Mountain Bike park Season Pass.
2015 Whip It nomination and contest schedule:
- June 16-22, 2015 – Nominations open on RFG
- June 22, 2015 – Deadline for RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for competitors
- June 23, 2015 – Random draw for the 8 remaining invitational spots
- June 27, 2015 – Event date, contest winner announced
Tryouts for the wildcard spots will occur immediately before the brackets are chosen on the day of the competition.
**Whip Off competitors must have signed a waiver, and possess a 2015 Blue Mountain Bike Park Pass or valid lift ticket**
Terms and Conditions
- Last year’s top 4 will automatically be invited back –Mark Battiston, Ken Brake, Steve Gauci and Hung Lam will not need to be nominated.
- You must be a registered member of Riding Feels Good to enter.
- Nominations are to be posted in this thread in the forum: https://www.ridingfeelsgood.com/topic/coors-light-whip-off-nomination-contest/
- One entry per person. Repeated nominations do not count
- You may nominate yourself.
- Contest ends June 22nd, 2015
- Nominated riders must RSVP by June 23th, 2015