Pedal Fest is back at Blue Mountain for 2014 with the return of the infamous East Coast Open. Pedal Fest is a weekend-long bike festival celebrating every aspect of biking and showcasing all the amazing elements our region has to offer. Highlights include the return of the “Whip It” Whip Contest on Saturday night, as well as the East Coast Open Downhill races on Sunday!
Blue Mountain and Riding Feels Good wants to hear who you would like to see Whip It over the big jump on Saturday night. Between June 4th and June 13th 2014 you will have a chance nominate who you would like to see throw down for the crowd and judges at Blue Mountain. On June 28th we will enter the names of those who nominated a rider into a hat and draw for a 2014 Mountain Bike Season Pass.
“Events like this bring out an awesome group of people just looking to have a good time. Thanks Blue mountain and Riding Feels Good for putting on such a fun show!” – 2013 Whip It winner, Ben Reasbeck
2014 Whip It nomination and contest schedule:
June 4-15, 2014 – Nominations open on RFG
June 22, 2014 – Deadline for RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for competitors
June 23, 2014 – Random draw for the 8 remaining invitational spots
June 28, 2014 – Event date, contest winner announced.
Tryouts for the wildcard spots will occur immediately before the brackets are chosen on the day of the competition.
**Whip Off competitors must have signed a waiver, and possess a 2014 Blue Mountain Bike Park Pass or valid lift ticket**
Terms and Conditions
- Last year’s top 4 will automatically be invited back – Ben Reasbeck, Jamie Tice, Nick Outram and Stephen Wells will not need to be nominated.
- You must be a registered member of Riding Feels Good to enter.
- Nominations are to be posted in this thread in the forum: https://www.ridingfeelsgood.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=37395
- One entry per person.
- You may nominate yourself.
- Promotion ends June 15th, 2014.
- Nominated riders must RSVP by June 22nd