header ad

2017 Rides – What Are YOU Riding This Year?

HOME FORUM RIDING FEELS GOOD FORUM TALKING ABOUT BIKES 2017 Rides – What Are YOU Riding This Year?

This topic contains 32 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of iBeRash iBeRash 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
Fox 34

• Author
    Profile photo of micah356
    micah356
    Participant

Looks like no one has made the thread yet this year, so here it is.

Just finished with my bike last night. Will have to wait for some better weather to take a proper photo, but this is view I had sitting on my couch after putting away the tools at midnight.

Attachments:
    Santa Cruz

Profile photo of dexter01
    dexter01
    Participant

Damn that’s a fine ass!

dexter01
    Participant

Well you showed yours, I’ll show mine

Attachments:
    1. image.jpg

Attachments:
    Profile photo of jcitizen
    jcitizen
    Participant

Kona Party!

Hey fellow Honzbro, how much rim you have on that thing? The tires look huge and square.

Attachments:
    1. MG_8080.jpg

Attachments:
    dexter01
    Participant

They are WTB i35’s with bonty xr4 2.4’s. Lots of volume now but I’m looking forward to trying the 29 x 2.6 stuff on there.

jcitizen
    Participant

That’s a lot of rim. 2.6s should be nice on there.

I can’t remember, 120mm fork?

dexter01
    Participant

Yeah, that’s the one

jcitizen
    Participant

We should totally do a bike swap one night after you get those 2.6s. I’ve got a 140mm on the front.

Anyway, who else got a new Kona??

FastTimes
    Keymaster

Some nice rides here lads!

I kinda got the TI bug this season, bit over plastic bike at the moment.

For the spring I picked an Advocate Cycles Hayduke TI and a Lynskey GR250 TI. Both have been pretty sick and seen lots of trail already.

The Hayduke

GR250

I’m now looking at either a TI drop-bar 29 or TI 29+ frame. I’ve loved my Pivot Les Fat but want a narrower q-factor. The Suzi-Q and Otso are nice but I would prefer TI. Here are few I’m looking at.

Judas Goat

Taiga

Profile photo of micah356
    micah356
    Participant

I’m going to have to claim credit for starting the Honzo party

jcitizen
    Participant

@fastimes Hot damn, you’ve got a serious ( and radical ) habit. That hayduke looks awesome – kinda had my eye on that for a while. I’ve also got an Alu RSD Sergeant which currently has 3.8s on it, but I’m gonna get some 2.8 Minion/Rekon on their for the dirt season. Nice to another bike to mess around on.

@micah356 I think I started the steel hardtail party, haha, but yeah, you definitely get some credit for my new honzo. Kinda wish I had just bought one in the first place, but glad for the time on the Chromag. I had piles on fun on that bike, and certain aspects of the ride I’ll miss.

FastTimes
    Keymaster

@jcitizen the Rekon is a sick tire. Fast, light and all the traction you need. One of my favorite setups at the moment. I bought Ikons but haven’t tried them yet as these are so awesome.

And yeah, that Hayduke rips. Such a fun bike. Been riding it with 29 X2.35″ as well.

Profile photo of Shortcuttomoncton
    Shortcuttomoncton
    Participant

I had about a week or so of riding this puppy in the fall before things got too greasy. Can’t wait for things to actually dry out around here in the next week or two!

jcitizen
    Participant

@fasttimes it’s funny, the first time I saw the Rekon I thought it looked like the perfect Don tire. Can’t judge a book by it’s cover, but it seems to be getting good real world reviews. I’d love to try a 27.5 2.6 version.

@shortcuttomoncton that bike is looking sweet! And the luddite in my appreciates the top choice but not top price DT alu rims & XT stuff. The money was spent where it really mattered (to me). Is that a stock build?

Profile photo of Shortcuttomoncton
    Shortcuttomoncton
    Participant

Completely stock except for some Xpedo pedals I jammed on! It’s the SB5 XT build in their Turq carbon layup – I got a pretty insane deal on that model and it perfectly matched my budget, and it’s nice to get bumped up to the Factory suspension. Figured I would slowly upgrade a few things starting next year – maybe wider wheels and something like those 2.6 tires people are raving about? The XT 11sp cassette is pretty heavy, but the bike is already super light so I don’t really feel much pull to spend big money there. I came from an 11-sp XTR 9000 shifter, XT 8000 derailleur and SRAM X1 cassette mashup, and I must say that the all-XT experience is even better so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX