Toronto, Ontario (March 24th, 2017) Durham Mountain Biking Association (DMBA) is launching a spring festival to kick off the riding season in Ontario. Called the DMBA Demo Festival this event is one of Ontario’s largest Demo events.
The DMBA Demo Festival will take place on Saturday May 6th, 2017. The DMBA Demo Festival is building upon last year’s successful inaugural Spring Demo bike event that attracted over 1000 participants. This year’s event will bring even more excitement to Ontario mountain bikers.
Activities planned for the Festival include:
- PANCAKES IN THE FOREST – our long-standing tradition that attracts families for a morning of riding with their children, trying new bikes and eating delicious pancakes in the forest.
- Festival Exhibition area – manufacturers, distributers and bike shops to showcase products and services in a mountain bike inspired environment,
- Music by the Red Bull team and event MC
- DMBA will also be hosting kids rides
- Ride Guides skills sessions
- Joyride 150 skills park
- Fun audience participation competitions and prize draws throughout the day.
- Delicious new lunch options from local businesses: The Copper Branch, Hy- Hope Farms, Meat Merchant and Primal Pizza
“We are excited that Durham Mountain Bike Association in partnership with our sponsors and the community of Uxbridge have joined in launching this event,” says John Fisher, President of DMBA. “More and more Canadians are enjoying the vast network of trails across our Province. We want to shine a spotlight on the trails of Uxbridge and provide a fun event for all mountain bikers to try exciting new products and meet the companies that fuel our passion.”
Durham Forest is one Ontario’s premier mountain biking trail systems and offering diverse trail system of over 125km of maintained mountain bike trails for all levels mountain bikers. This trail system includes Durham Forest, Glen Major/Walkers Woods, and the new Dagmar Trail system The DMBA Demo Festival is conveniently located 45 minutes driving east from the GTA also allows for easy access to most of Southern / Central Ontario via Highway 401. Parking will be available for over 500 vehicles less than 100 metres from the venue.
For registration and additional information, visit http://durhammountainbiking.ca/demofestival
Durham Mountain Biking Association formed in 2005 and is a non-profit association whose mission is to advocate, create, enhance and preserve trail opportunities for mountain bikers in Durham and York Regions. With 800+ members from across the Greater Toronto Area and still growing, we have evolved and expanded our representation of and for the mountain biking community and are now one of Canada’s largest mountain bike clubs.
DMBA Demo Festival 2017 – Fact Sheet
Building on the tremendous success of last year’s Pancakes in the Forest and Manufacturer’s Demo event, the Festival is designed to be one of Ontario’s largest mountain bike Demo events and is ideally scheduled just as the prime riding season begins. This year’s event will continue to develop festival elements including: adding new food options, music, skills sessions, and fun competitions.
- DMBA is Southern Ontario’s largest mountain bike club with growing membership across the Greater Toronto Area.
- Saturday May 6th, 2017 between 10am to 4pm
- Situated at Durham Forest, 3789 Concession Rd. 7, Uxbridge, Ontario, one Ontario’s premier mountain biking trail systems conveniently located 45 minutes driving from the GTA and offering over 125km of maintained mountain bike trails (including Durham Forest, Glen Major/Walkers Woods, and the new Dagmar Trail system).
- One of Ontario’s largest demo events featuring the latest mountain bike line ups from: Cannondale, Devinci, Giant, KHS, Norco, Pivot, Rocky Mountain, Santa Cruz, Scott, Specialized, Trek, and Yeti
- The DMBA Demo Festival is family friendly and offer activities for riders of all ages and abilities, including our traditional annual Pancakes in the Forest.
- Registration is required to participate: DMBA members are complimentary, non-members are $10 (under 16 years of age free with paying adult or DMBA Member).
- Registration fees include access to all manufacturer demo booths to test premium bikes, entry into amazing prize raffle draws through out the day and eligibility to enter competitions (spaces limited). Participants will be given wrist bands to signify their registration.
- Comprehensive media plan including: print, online, social media and event marketing directly and through our partner network. http://durhammountainbiking.ca/demofestival
- The Festival is a perfect fit to reach mountain bike and active outdoor enthusiast audience and offers excellent exposure both before and after the Festival.
- Activities scheduled throughout the day including: Event MC, group rides, skills sessions, skills park, fun audience participation competitions and prize draws.
- Music will be played through out the day by Red Bull event team
- Food available for purchase including pancakes and new lunch options from local businesses: The Copper Branch, Hy-Hope Farms, The Merchant of Meat, and Primal Pizza.
- Onsite parking for over 500 vehicles located just 100 meters from venue.